We have used information from the Ramblers UK website to offer advice to walkers.
Grades of walks. (these grades are for guidance only and participants should be aware of their own capabilities.) If you are unsure, ask the leader at the start of the walk.
- EASY – Generally flat walks on well surfaced paths/tracks/lanes with very few stiles
- MODERATE – Walks with some gentle climbs/descents on distinct paths with several stiles
- ENERGETIC – Walks with one steep ascent and descent and possibly a short section of rough/indistinct path
- STRENUOUS – Walks with several steep climbs and descents partly on rough boggy ground with stream crossings without bridges
If you have not walked previously or for several years please start with easier, shorter walks and build up to longer, more strenuous walks.
- Important Information (please read)
- Where can you walk.
- What can you do on open access land.
- Your responsibilities.
Covid-19 Advice for Social Walks – All group walks are now suspended due to the national lockdown starting on Thursday 5th November, when the national lockdown is lifted, existing rules will apply as below.
Before a walk
Walk leaders must recce the route taking into account social distancing, difficult terrain, narrow paths and the need to support injured whilst maintaining social distancing. All wishing to enjoy the walk must confirm their place with the walk leader.
Numbers on a walk
Ramblers advise that as from 30th July, in England and Wales, up to 30, only if there is a written risk assessment in place for each walk to be prepared by a relevant club/group. However, we are limiting our walks to 12, which may be split into 2 groups of 6.
Please do not attend any walk if you or any connected persons have been diagnosed with or show any Covid-19 symptons or are awaiting test results
All walkers should consider carrying hand sanitiser, face covering, gloves, hand wipes and a first aid kit. Use hand sanitiser if you have to touch communal surfaces, e.g. gates & stiles
Travel by public transport inc trains is now unrestricted in England & Wales, however, you must continue to wear a mask unless you are exempt.