We have used information from the Ramblers UK website to offer advice to walkers.
Grades of walks. (these grades are for guidance only and participants should be aware of their own capabilities.) If you are unsure, ask the leader at the start of the walk.
- EASY – Generally flat walks on well surfaced paths/tracks/lanes with very few stiles
- MODERATE – Walks with some gentle climbs/descents on distinct paths with several stiles
- ENERGETIC – Walks with one steep ascent and descent and possibly a short section of rough/indistinct path
- STRENUOUS – Walks with several steep climbs and descents partly on rough boggy ground with stream crossings without bridges
If you have not walked previously or for several years please start with easier, shorter walks and build up to longer, more strenuous walks.
Our walks can involve crossing rough terrain with steep slopes and in inclement weather. All participants on these guided walks are asked to be aware of this and accept the following conditions:
- Walkers safety is their own responsibility
- No liability can be accepted by Railrambles Cymru
- Participants are NOT covered by the above body for Personal Injury or Accident whilst on these walks
- Walk leaders will be entitled to refuse participation on a walk if the leader judges that the person concerned is not fit or adequately clothed or equipped, or on health grounds, for the walk and prevailing conditions.
- Please bring adequate food and drink; waterproofs and spare dry clothing; walking boots or strong shoes for short summer walks.
- Walkers are requested to remain with the party and to accept the pace set by the leader which will take into account the distance, terrain, weather and time available.
- Return times are given in good faith but cannot be guaranteed.
- Walk leaders reserve the right to vary or cancel the walk without notice if weather conditions or train operation so dictate. Wherever possible an update will be placed on the railrambles.cymru website which participants should check before they commence their journey.
- Assistance dogs are welcomed on our walks, but please contact the walk leader in advance to confirm details of the walk.
- The walk leaders decision shall be final.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW FOR FURTHER INFORMATION